blacktop n : a black bituminous material used for paving roads or other areas; usually spread over crushed rock [syn: blacktopping] v : coat with blacktop; "blacktop the driveway"
- To pave with blacktop.
- The county first blacktopped that road decades ago
Blacktop may refer to:
- asphalt concrete, a composite material commonly used for construction of pavement, highways and parking lots
- bituminous macadams
- Blacktop (film), a 2000 movie starring Meat Loaf
- "Blacktop", a song by Helmet from their 1990 album Strap It On
- "Blacktop", a 5 piece rock band from Derby, UK.''
- "Blacktop", is the 2nd track of the album Aerocalexico by Calexico
- A slang term, predominantly used in inner city areas, referring to any area of hard standing that is used for recreational basketball. Used regardless of the material from which the hard standing is formed.
- Blacktop Records - An independent record label in Canada.
Tarmac, Tarvia, asphalt, bitumen, bituminous macadam, brick, carpet, causeway, cement, cobble, cobblestone, concrete, curb, curbing, curbstone, edgestone, flag, flagging, flagstone, floor, gravel, kerb, kerbstone, macadam, metal, pave, pavement, pavestone, paving, paving stone, pebble, road metal, stone, tar, tarmacadam, tile, washboard